Dr. Anca Coricovac
Dr. Anca Coricovac, MD, PhD
Senior Obstetrics & Gynecology Fertility IVF Specialist
Embryology Lecturer, “Carol Davila” Medical University
Doctor of Medical Sciences
Senior ESHRE Embryologist
Medical Director of Gynera Clinic
Anca Coricovac is a Senior Obstetrics & Gynecology Fertility IVF Specialist, Embryology University Lecturer at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”, Doctor of Medical Sciences and Senior Embryologist with European accreditation (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology).
He is currently coordinating the medical activity, as Medical Director and experienced specialist, after many years of training in advanced medical techniques. Dr. Coricovac provides consultations, surgeries and in vitro fertilization, and assisted reproduction procedures.
For more than 10 years (since 2010), he has been the Gynera’s IVF Lab Manager, focusing his interest in understanding as accurately as possible the early stages of embryonic and fetal development, the causes of infertility and oocyte and sperm defects. Dr. Coricovac performs complex micromanipulation techniques and has achieved pregnancies in extremely difficult cases, such as ICSI with sperm obtained by testicular biopsy.
She graduated from the University of Medicine in 1998, then from the residency in obstetrics and gynecology. She worked for 9 years in “Panait Sarbu” Clinical Hospital as an obstetrics-gynecology specialist and embryologist in the Department of Assisted Human Reproduction and also collaborated with several private clinics before joining us.
She specialized in Austria in highly complex reproductive techniques and attended advanced training courses in Italy, Greece, Germany, Belgium and Spain in the field of assisted human reproduction and embryology. She holds a Doctor of Medicine degree and her PhD thesis “The impact of predictive factors on success rates in assisted human reproduction” has been praised as a best practice guide in assisted human reproduction procedures.
Dr. Coricovac carries out teaching and academic activities, experience gained over the years involving her in numerous interdisciplinary teams in national and international research projects. She has participated in numerous national and international scientific meetings, and has authored and co-authored scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals.
With more than 15 years of experience in the field of couple fertility as well as embryology, she has been included in national and international working groups on research issues and statistical studies, as a representative of the Ministry of Health and, as a trainer, for specialists and primary care physicians in the “Programme of complementary studies for obtaining certification for physicians – Treatment of couple infertility and assisted human reproduction – in vitro fertilization”.
Dr. Coricovac is Vice President of the Romanian Society for Fertility and Assisted Reproduction and a member of several professional societies in the field of assisted reproduction, including the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
– Coricovac A, Raica I, Porumb G, Voinea S, Amza O, Didilescu A, Damian D. Healthy child conceived with the aid of assisted reproduction techniques using sperm cells from the urine of a man with retrograde ejaculation – a case report. J Contemp Clin Pract. 2020;6(2):92-96. doi: 10.18683/jccp.2020.1061
– Coricovac A., Porumb G., Raica I., Andrei M., Didilescu A., The impact of lifestyle and demographic factors on semen parameters , Medicine in evolution, Nr.4/ 2020
– Boleac, I., Manuela Neagu, R. Ene, Alina Busan – Pirvoiu, Dorina Codreanu, Anca Coricovac, and B. Marinescu. 2018. “Does endometrial injury improve the outcomes in patients with recurrent implantation failure?”. Journal of Surgical Sciences 5 (3), 125-33. https://doi.org/10.33695/jss.v5i3.225.
– Coricovac A., Nanu D., Dracea L. Predictors of success in assisted human reproduction procedures. Rev medicala romana. 2015;revista me(37):229-236. https://rmj.com.ro/articles/2015.3/RMR_Nr-3_2015_Art-3.pdf
– Coricovac A. , Dracea L. Monitoring assisted reproductive tehchnologies – Romanian experience, Acta Medica Transilvanica,Nr. 1/2016