Biol. George Porumb
Medical Biologist Specialist in Embryology
PhD Student in Biological Sciences
- Master in Applied Microbiology and Clinical Immunology – Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology – Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest
- Course in advanced techniques of micromanipulation and artificial intelligence- Institut Marquès – Barcelona, Spain
- Ovarian tissue processing and cryopreservation course – ISFP-Brussels, Belgium
- Training in complex surgical sperm extraction techniques- MicroTESE-ProCrea Fertility-Lugano, Switzerland
- Training in Embryo Biopsy and Advanced Techniques of Assisted Human Reproduction – IVF Clinic – Olomouc, Czech Republic
- Specialization course in vitrification and cryopreservation techniques – IVI- Valencia, Spain
Biol. George Porumb graduated from the Faculty of Biology at the University of Bucharest and studied overspecialization in Applied Microbiology and Immunology, within the master’s program. He is currently a PhD student in the field of male infertility at the same university.
Since 2018, he joins our team, being motivated by the desire to be promoted in a field in which he started his research since he was student. His concerns focused on the evaluation of human gametes are embodied in two research papers: “The structure of oocyte envelopes and their role in the fertilization process” and “Investigation of the correlations between different seminal parameters in patients investigated for male infertility”, each representing an in-depth study scientific level of the vast field of embryology.
Together with the Gynera team of embryologists, he participated in complex cases of infertility, which resulted in the birth of the first children in Romania conceived through advanced techniques of assisted human reproduction, in a case of retrograde ejaculation (Healthy child conceived with the aid of assisted reproductive techniques using sperm from the urine of a man with retrograde ejaculation) and total globozoospermia (Healthy birth in a case of total globozoospermia after intracytoplasmic sperm injection and assisted oocyte activation). The successful cases being published in 2 internationally journals.
As a member of the Gynera embryology team, Biol. George Porumb performs advanced techniques of embryology and micromanipulation, andrology and quality control, being concerned with the field of cryobiology and male infertility. Out of a desire for knowledge, he participated in numerous national and international congresses in the field of embryology and andrology.
Biol. George Porumb is a member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and of the Order of Biochemists, Biologists and Chemists in the Romanian Health System (OBBCSSR).