In order to benefit from an efficient and personalized treatment, the infertile couple is completely evaluated by a reproduction specialist.
At the first consultation in the clinic, the doctor analyzes the risk factors, lifestyle and medical history, examines the patient and recommends the investigations necessary for diagnosis and treatment. Personal and medical information, including test results, is confidential. Patients sign a document specifying whether and how this information can be disclosed or transmitted.
At the next consultation, scheduled after the completion of all investigations, the doctor interprets the analysis in context
clinically, elaborates the complete diagnosis and the treatment plan.
The MINIMUM scale of investigations necessary for the diagnosis and elaboration of the treatment plan is:
- Hormonal analysis:
AMH, TSH, Prolactin
- Hematological, biochemical and coagulation analyzes:
Blood group *, Rh *
Blood glucose, Urea, Creatinine, TGO, TGP
- Infectious disease tests:
HBs Ag **, HBc Ac **, HCV Ac **, HIV **, VDRL / RPR **
Chlamydia Ig G ***
Rubella IgG ***
Chickenpox IgG ***
Toxoplasma IgG ***, IgM
CMV IgG ***
Herpes IgG ***
Cervico-vaginal secretion analysis:
- Pap smear cytology
- Culture of the womb ****
- Ag / RNA Chlamydia
- Ag / RNA Mycoplasme
- Vaginal secretion cytological examination
- Urine summary, Uroculture
Imaging investigations, explorations:
- Hysterosalpingography or Sonohisterography
- Breast ultrasound or mammography – after 40 years
- Transvaginal ultrasound – is performed in the clinic
- Blood group *, Rh *
- HBs Ag **, HBc Ac **, HCV Ac **, HIV **, VDRL / RPR **
- Spermoculture ****
When elaborating the diagnosis and the treatment plan, the following are taken into account:
- Unmarked analyzes, if performed in the last 12 months.
- Analyzes marked with *, regardless of when they were performed. They are valid for life.
- Marked analyzes **, if performed in the last 3 months, at the first procedure, then annually
- Analyzes marked with ***, from the last 10 years, if they are positive. If they are negative, discuss their significance with your doctor.
After starting the treatments in the clinic, some tests will have to be repeated, after certain time intervals:
- Unmarked analyzes are repeated annually.
- Marked analyzes ** are repeated annually (and at each procedure, in the case of reproductive techniques with donors)
- Analyzes marked with *** are not repeated if they are positive. If they are negative, discuss their significance with your doctor.
- Analyzes marked with **** (cervical culture and sperm culture) – are valid depending on the doctor’s recommendation and the procedures performed
We offer patients the opportunity to perform all tests in the clinic. Most of the required investigations can be performed in other authorized laboratories. The first vaginal ultrasound, spermogram and transfer test are performed only in the clinic.
The results of the tests performed in the clinic are verified and validated by the doctor.
After discussing the results with the doctor, the bulletins of the tests performed in the clinic will be available at the reception, where they can be picked up based on an identity document, by the patient. The results can also be downloaded from the clinic’s portal.
The results may be released to others only if they are specified in the written agreement signed by the patient.
Other investigations that may be necessary or recommended by the doctor, depending on the particular situation of each patient
Hormonal profile on day 3 of the cycle:
Other hormonal tests:
❒ rFSH (FSH receptor mutation)
❒ Progesterone – day 21 of the cycle
Other tests for infectious diseases
❒ HPV screening
❒ HPV patterns
Imaging investigations, explorations:
❒ ERA – Endometrial receptivity test
❒ Transfer test
❒ Antiphospholipid syndrome testing
❒ Lupus anticoagulant
❒ IgG, IgM anticardiolipin antibodies
❒ Anti-ß2 glycoprotein1 IgG, IgM antibodies
❒ Thrombophilia profile testing
❒ Protein C
❒ Protein S
❒ Mutation factor V Leiden
❒ G20210A prothrombin mutation
Blood tests (A, B, C):
A. Hormonal profile
B. Genetic analysis:
❒ Y chromosome microdeletions
C. Hematological and biochemical analyzes:
❒ Blood glucose
❒ Urea, creatinine
❒ Transaminase TGO, TGP
❒ Coagulation tests: Fibrinogen, APTT
D. Sperm analysis:
❒ MAR-test – Antisperm antibodies
❒ SDI / DFI-test – Fragmentation of sperm DNA
❒ FISH sperm – Sperm aneuploidy test
E. Secretion and urine tests
❒ Urethral secretion culture
❒ Ag / RNA Chlamydia
❒ Ag / RNA Mycoplasme
❒ Retrograde ejaculation test
F. Specialized consultations and imaging
❒ Andrological / urological consultation
❒ Testicular / prostate ultrasound